Cortico requires access to your Oscar service. We recommend that you create a new administrator account for Cortico to use. Cortico will only access your Oscar Demographic API and Appointment API, but our Support Representative may also use the credentials to troubleshoot any problems you report. We take great care to ensure any patient information remains private.
Once your Oscar is connected, your booking link will be made available so patients can seamlessly book online using Cortico’s optimized booking process!
1.1.1 Create the Cortico user in Oscar
- Add "Cortico" as a doctor in Administration > User Management > Add a Provider Record
- Assign the user to all locations by checking those off in the provider record
- Create a "Cortico" login in Administration > User Management > Add a Login Record. Make sure to leave Expiry Date blank.
Note: The Expiry Date field value will take effect even if you uncheck the Expiry Date checkbox. If you’ve accidentally enabled the field and are unable to clear it, set the expiry date to a value in the far future.
- Assign the “doctor” and “admin” roles for the "Cortico" doctor in Administration > User Management > Assign Role to Provider by selecting “doctor” in the dropdown and clicking “Add” on the right, then doing the same for "admin"
A video guide on generating these credentials can be found here on Loom.
1.1.2 Whitelist the Cortico cloud IP address - JUNO only
Email Juno EMR Support (at email@example.com):
Please whitelist Cortico's cloud IP address (188.8.131.52) to ensure we can connect."
1.1.3 Enable REST module in Oscar - non-Juno EMR
***If you are unsure of how to set this up, your Cortico Support Representative will set it up for you.***
***If your Oscar provider is Juno EMR, you can skip this section. Otherwise, you need to set up a REST Client in order to use Cortico.***
- First, Go to Administration > Integration > REST Clients
and Copy the Temporary Credentials Request URL (ending with /ws/oauth/initiate)
then search for it on your browser.
For example: https://oscar/ws/oauth/initiate
- If the page says “No Service was Found” (error code 404), the REST module needs to be enabled.
Please file a ticket with your Oscar provider and ask them to enable the REST module (ModuleNames =REST) in the oscar.properties file. See below:
"Hello to Oscar provider,
The REST module in Oscar must be enabled (in the oscar.properties file).
If the REST is not working, it says "No service was found."
To fix this, please change the oscar.properties file as follows (with any other modules you need as well) and restart tomcat:
## REST: enable restful web services - required for enabling the new UI.
Thank you, "
- If the page has an HTTP 500 error, that is a good sign.
- Click on Add New and enter the following information:
Name: cortico (note: this field is case sensitive, please put "cortico" in lowercase)
(Set Token TTL to -1)
After this, an entry should appear under Manage Clients. Please send us the Client Key and Client Secret or put it in the Settings > Oscar settings > Step 3 and click on "Test Connection" then "Set-up OAuth". Once this is done, we will run a script from our server that will communicate with your Oscar instance and generate an OAuth Token, which will appear in the Tokens section.
Next step: Step 1.2: Set up your invoice